||I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand
Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand
Life is good today. Life is good today.||
As a matter of fact, life in general has been good for me as of late. Here's why:
I found out yesterday
/today that I will be interning with Mayor McDermott from Hammond. I'll basically be taking pictures throughout his campaign trail during the summer and beyond, depending on how long I want to be there. This is exactly what I've wanted to do for so long, it's amazing that it's finally coming to fruition. All of this from a meager message sent during late hours of the night--a whim, a hope for something to come of it. And lo and behold...something did! It's amazing how things fall together sometimes. It's amazing what a little initiative can do for a person.I also got a chance to talk to my good friend John. He used to be a f
ellow-mentor on my robotics team, until he moved to Michigan for a job offer. Catching up with him was great. It reminded me of all the fun times we had while he was in Muncie. He was one of the first robotics mentors to truly respect me (barring Cheryl) and we always had funny and snarky comments to say to each other. He called me last night to catch up on all the goings-on in life. There's no doubt I miss John, but it's nice that we can still chat every now and then. It's great to know that there are people in your life who genuinely care and are there for you. I feel pretty lucky to know so many of these people.My roommate Annie (not the one who I was writing about in the previous blog) is thinking about getting a puppy. I don't know if she's for sure getting one yet, butttt I do know that I would LOVE if she got a puppy! I would totallyyy get one myself if I had money to do so, but they add on a lot more each month for rent. Keeping my fingers crossed that she'll get one cause puppies are too cute!
I feel like I'm finally in a spot with my friends where I genuinely enjoy their friendship. I mean, we all have been super good friends for years now, but it's like everyone has finally matured and grown up, and we're all important to each other again. This is definitely nice, because let's face it--no one likes the HMD drama that is signature of our high school days.
So, all-in-all, life is good today.
No comments:
Post a Comment