F
or starters, the other day I had the awesome luck to "talk" with Joey Fatone from NSYNC. I follow him on twitter, and noticed a tweet he posted about being on The Baub Show- an internet radio show where they interview celebrities and were letting people live-chat through. I originally was going to just brush it off, but decided to tune in and talk in the chat. Welllll Joey ended up seeing one of my messages: The interviewer had made a comment about how he was going to start paying attention to Joey, since his attention was previously taken over by the chatroom. I wrote, "I'd focus my attention on Joey too if I was there," and Joey read it aloud and said, "Thanks, Alivia." Later, they were talking about the picture they had up of Joey on the site, and I said something about how Joey was foxy. He said, "Wow, I haven't been called foxy in a long time Alivia, thanks....Shit." lol. It was pretty awesome, to say the least! They posted the interview on the site, but for some
reason edited out the first shout-out I had. I'm in contact with the show at the moment and Bob (the interviewer) promised me he would try to get me a copy of the audio. It was so cool getting to "chat" with Joey. He was super cool through the whole thing and reminded me of why I loved them so much back in the day. Bob even
retweeted me! Which I also thought was awesome.Today I went through a bunch of my old emails from friends, family and mentors. Throughout all of them I could feel the strong relationships and bonds I've formed with each and everyone one of them. Most of the messages I read made me form a ridiculously cheesy smile on my face, and for that I'm the most grateful. It's such a good feeling knowing that things said years and years ago can continue to bring a smile to my face. I really do know the best people.
I've been becoming closer with my friend Meagan, which has been seriously awesome. We used to be great friends in high school before a boy came between us. Yes, it is hard to believe that some stupid immature boy could have destroyed a friendship, but he really did. Not that he ever meant to, but hey. That's what happens when you dated a girl that's friends with the girl you strung along who just so happened to also care a lot about you. Oh wellll. It all worked out in the end, as things tend to do. We're happier for it, and we have good (and super hilarious!) stories to tell about that time in our lives. Some of those emails I read were actually about "the boy," and let me tell you: I will never ever stop laughing at my high school self for that entire situation. It's funny how, when you're a teenager and in the moment, everything seems like it's absolutely the end of the world and that you'll never get through it. I really do wish I could live through it again, knowing what I know now.
Anyways, the point of this post was to remind myself that even if there are rough days (and believe me, there will always be rough days), the better days have always and will always outweigh them. Friends, family, mentors, even celebrities I used to fawn over....they all have a special place in my life and help to make it that much more enjoyable. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment